Keeping the work environment clean and clutter-free is one of the most underrated aspects of running a business, and can bring so many advantages. But who has time for that? When your employees are busy with their duties, nobody has time to clean up the breakroom or empty the bins or disinfect all of the surfaces. So, what are the alternatives? Work in a dirty environment, or hire a cleaner? We know which option we’d prefer…
In this article, we’re going to look at the average cost for office cleaning in Australia, how much cleaners typically charge per hour, and how much work a professional cleaner can get done in 2-hours.
Average office cleaning cost in Australia?
What is the average office cleaning cost in Australia? This can vary significantly depending on the size of the office and how deep a cleaning is required. Typically speaking, you can expect to pay somewhere in the region of $2 to $3 AUD per square metre for a standard office cleaning, and $5 to $6 for deluxe cleaning services.
Most office cleaners typically charge by the hour. The amount of hours needed to clean your entire office will largely depend on how big your office is. Naturally, if you have a very big office, more than one cleaner may be needed.
The services of an office cleaning professional will typically include:
- Vacuuming floors, curtains, and other surfaces
- Cleaning, dusting and polishing furniture
- Mopping floors
- Rubbish removal, including bins and recyclables
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and breakroom facilities
- Replacing toilet paper and towels in bathrooms
- When needed, a commercial cleaner will strip wax and re-wax floors
How much do office cleaners charge per hour?
Now that we know the average cost per square foot, what do office cleaners typically charge per the hour in Australia? Commercial cleaning rates in Australia range between $30 and $37.50 per hour, depending on where you are based. For example:
- $30 per hour in Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, and Victoria.
- $35 per hour in New South Wales.
- $37.50 per hour in the ACT.
What can a cleaner do in 2 hours?
As most cleaners charge by the hour it will help to know how much work they can get done in say, 2-hours for example. In 2-hours, a cleaner can prioritise their cleaning in a variety of ways. For example, they can take on specific rooms or specific tasks, such as surface-level cleaning of a larger area, or taking a smaller area and doing a deep clean. How much can be achieved really depends on how large a room is, how messy the environment is, and how talented your cleaner is.
If you keep up to date with your cleaning and hire someone to take care of your cleaning duties 3 or 4 times a week, the space will not be as dirty and it will be easier to maintain. If you neglect your cleaning duties, when you finally hire a cleaner to take care of the mess, the job will take much longer to clear. Ultimately, the most efficient means of keeping your office clean and tidy is having a regular, weekly schedule to stay on top of it.
Is it worth hiring an office cleaner?
So, is it really worth hiring an office cleaner? The short answer is yes – 100%. Put it this way: having your employees split the cleaning work between themselves in house is only distracting them from their job. Rather than generating new business and focusing on revenue-generating tasks, they’ll be scrubbing floors and cleaning the microwave in the breakroom. It is an utter waste of resources, particularly given how affordable professional commercial cleaning services are.
On the other hand, having someone come in for an hour a day, 3 or 4-days a week (which is the national average), will free your employees to remained solely focused on their work, while also being able to thrive in a clean and clutter-free environment.
Let’s look at some of the other advantages of hiring an office cleaner, if you aren’t quite convinced:
- Green cleaning: the best commercial cleaning companies will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the cleanest and greenest cleaning products, while also sorting any recyclables accordingly.
- Boost productivity: the fact is, nobody wants to work in a dirty and cluttered environment. By keeping a space fresh and free of distraction, your employees will be significantly more productive. When no care or attention is paid to the cleanliness and general upkeep of an office space, employees will lose respect and stop caring. That is when productivity slacks, documents go missing, and businesses fail.
- Save time and money: again, keeping your employees focused on their duties will generate more business. You may think you are saving money by not hiring a cleaner, but depending on your industry, one product sale can cover a month’s worth of cleaning in one swoop.
- Healthier environment: you also have a moral duty to provide your employees with a healthy environment. A commercial cleaner will remove all of the dust and disinfect surfaces on the regular – in a post-Covid world, there is nothing quite as important as cleanliness.
- More improves: just as productivity will be boosted, the general mood in the office will improve. We like clean environments. Nobody wants to come into work to be surrounded by clutter and filth, it’s as simple as that.
These are just a handful of the benefits that come with hiring a commercial office cleaner like Enjoy Life Services. If you are struggling to keep on top of the cleanliness in your office, we highly recommend hiring a cleaner to handle those requirements for you. We guarantee you will notice a different in the overall mood of your office! The investment will be worth every penny.